The Mini Grants Program gives Hutton students a chance to tell the PTG how funds should be spent. Students get real-life practice at submitting a proposal, budgeting a project, and presenting their results. A small group of students (usually 3-4) prepares the request with a parent/teacher advisor. (We understand younger students may need considerable assistance!)
Grant funds can be requested for anything that benefits Hutton Elementary or the Hutton Community.
Past Mini Grants have funded
- Band concerts at local senior centers
- Classroom board games and chess sets
- Team gear for the Girls on the Run Program
- Bike rack rental for Bike to School Week
- Classroom book clubs
- Decorating the hallway for Read Across America
- Kindness box to share acts of kindness seen at Hutton
We are open to anything the students think is important in their classroom, club, school or community! The grant application form and guidelines are available here.